Saturday, August 23, 2014
In the following article Sade-Sati is explained: -
This is the most controversial thing among the astrologers and common people of India following Vedic system of astrology.
A big question mark appears before Sade-Sati. Some learned are of the view that sade-sati is like a curse and predicting any good within this period is not advisable. Other learned are of the opinion that sade-sati is effect less. The common people who follow the astrological path get confused by these two prevailing views about sade-sati.
In my experience of many years in the field of astrology I have found sade-sati both effective & less effective. It is very difficult for an amateur astrologer to predict on the basis of sade-sati in advance.
But on the contrary when a sufferer comes and astrologer finds the phase of sade-sati working then he immediately injects the fear of sade-sati and thereby making him weaker & weaker. Instead of vaccinating so many remedies are prescribed and the poor person apart of following them gets punctured.
On the other hand a Sade-Sati sufferer appears before a research minded astrologer. He at once makes him fearless by saying sade-sati is effect less. So be sure nothing is going to be adverse. Both dasha & antar dasha are good and transit of Jupiter is favorable. So rest assured. But unfortunately in 3 to 6 months the person becomes bankrupt, meets with an accident and his entire business comes to standstill.
In above mentioned one case the person becomes mentally punctured and in second case the result needs not to be mentioned. In either case it was the person who suffered on account of astrologers in the phase of sade-sati.
Now a big question further arises how does a common person estimate that he should approach to a good astrologer in the phase of sade-sati?
Before that it will be better to understand the logic behind sade-sati. The sade-sati is nothing but the transit of Saturn from 12th, 1st & 2nd houses from one’s rashi. Saturn roughly takes 2.5 years to transit a rashi. In sade-sati it will take 2.5*3=7.5 years to transit these three consecutive signs there by it is known as sade-sati.
In astrology Moon is treated as water and presides over मन. In other words there is astrological relationship between मन & जल. To make it more clear look at still water pond and simultaneously feel the मन. In still water pond a small air current creates disturbances in water. In water pond whether it is a small air current or something falling into the water pond result in the disturbances in the surface of water. Just like water pond filled with water the मन is filled with emotions & desires.
So, any negative or positive feeling, affect the मन. Hence the मन is a pond of emotions & desires. Thus astrologically water pond model fits Moon.
Following this rule, in astrology, the transit of every planet except Moon & Venus on one’s Moon sign is treated as inauspicious and results in emotional disturbances & non fulfillment of one’s desires. Moon & Venus are supposed to be watery planets and water easily mixes with water hence transit of Moon & Venus over Moon sign is considered as auspicious.
Further all planets transiting 12th sign from one’s Moon sign give inauspicious results except Venus. All the benefices like Jupiter, Venus & Mercury except Moon give good results and all the malefic like Saturn, Mars & Sun give bad results while transiting 2nd sign from one’s Moon sign.
It is clear from above, that malefic planets, such as Saturn, Mars & Sun while transiting through 12th, 1st & 2nd signs from one’s Moon sign give adverse results. Among the malefic planets Sun transits a sign in 30 days, Mars in 45 days & Saturn in 2.5 year.
Sun takes 30*3=90 days to transit three consecutive sign, Mars takes 45*3= 135 days and Saturn takes 2.5*3 = 7.5 years to transit three consecutive signs.
The total time taken by Sun to transit three consecutive signs is very less i.e. only 90 days and that of Mars is 135 days which is less than half a year. Here comes what is known as will power of a person. This is the will power which strengthens the मन in astrological terms this will power strengthens the Moon.
The transit of Mars & Sun is not strong enough to disturb one’s will power & psychology and thus astrologically there is no damage to the strength of Moon.
On the other hand 7.5 years of the transit of Saturn i.e. sade-sati badly affects the emotions & psychology of a person and there by punctures the one’s will power there by crushes one’s desires.
By nature Saturn is तामसिक. It imparts its तामसिक nature to Moon in its sade-sati thus making one’s मन totally तामसिक and with this result negative feelings start evolving. The stability of मन collapses and because of this there is total inability to take full use of one’s intelligence. Thus within this period one’s major decisions of life prove fruitless.
Within Sade-Sati one’s power of judgment also crushes and thus the intellect to decide good or bad and right or wrong becomes inactive.
Then this worried, confused & unhealthy मन affects one’s health and sometimes one’s prosperity. But if the Moon (मन) is strong then sade-sati does not affect the मन much and thus there is saving of one’s physical and mental health along with one’s prosperity up to a great extent. That is why earlier I have written sade-sati is either effective or less effective. Affectless sade-sati is a rare phenomenon.
Let me explain the working of sade-sati from an old and well known story. Here I would like to write this story in brief as to make this very clear: -
Once upon a time in a jungle there lived two animals one was a rabbit and another tortoise. They never liked each other and tried their best to defame other one. Once for becoming superior both of them decided to have a race and the winner would be declared as superior.
A race was started between them. The rabbit was fast runner and that of tortoise a slow runner. The rabbit ran very fast and tortoise was slowly chasing him. After some time, rabbit was miles away from tortoise. Here is the first stage of this story where rabbit was being chased by tortoise in a race.
After going far away rabbit suddenly stopped and moved back and there was no tortoise but here only he knew that he is being chased by that tortoise. The rabbit started thinking that he had almost won the race and some formalities are still there to make him final winner. He thought it would be very good to have a rest till the arrival of tortoise and as soon as tortoise would arrive there he will again run very fast and in this way he would make tortoise further depressed. Finally rabbit took a rest under a tree situated nearby. Because of his confidence his ego touched the hike and with this effect he slept under that tree. After a long time interval the tortoise approached him and he saw the rabbit sleeping under that tree. That tortoise slowly moves ahead. The tortoise approaching the sleeping rabbit slowly is the second stage of this story.
Now the entire scene was changed the tortoise was miles away from the sleeping rabbit. When rabbit wake up he saw footprints of that tortoise nearby. He at once ran very fast and in entire he saw nothing but the footprints of that tortoise. The slow runner tortoise won the race. The slow runner tortoise became invisible to the eyes of that rabbit by leaving him behind and thus creating his own victory. It is the third stage of this story.
Perhaps everyone knows this story. If this story is judged astrologically then it wonderfully shows the working of sade-sati. Astrologically Moon presides over rabbit and Saturn presides over tortoise. In entire three stage of this story rabbit was found sleeping showing the position of radical Moon in one’s horoscope. In first stage tortoise’s chase towards sleeping rabbit shows the 12th house transit of Saturn from one’s radical Moon. In the second stage of the story, the tortoise approaching the sleeping rabbit slowly shows Saturn’s transit over one’s radical position of Moon. The third stage of this story in which slow runner tortoise becomes invisible to the eyes of the rabbit by leaving him behind and his becoming of final winner shows the transit of Saturn 2nd from the house occupied by radical Moon in one’s horoscope.
Sade-Sati is supposed to give its indications around six months before its actual commencement.
Now a day with the increasing popularity of Vedic Astrology the common people also have awareness about astrological terms and its working. On this basis the common people are classified into two groups (1) the first group belongs to those people who can understand horoscope and its patterns. (2) This second group belongs to those people who understands the general terms used in astrology but cannot understand the horoscope and its patterns.
The following are the indications of sade-sati by tracing which one may prepare oneself to approach a good astrologer. These sade-sati indications are given on the basis of above mentioned two groups.
(1) Indications of sade-sati for group (1): - If one finds in horoscope the phase of sade-sati and in addition to that he also finds (1) the yogni dasha of ulka or sankata is going on within the period of sade-sati. (2) In Kaal Chakra dasha among simhavlokan gati, markati gati or mandooki gati any one of them is going on. (3) In one’s family a large number of members are under the phase of sade-sati. If anyone or more symptoms occurs only than one should think to approach an astrologer.
(2) Indications of sade-sati for group (2): - If one finds consecutive weekdays e.g. around 8 consecutive Saturdays, Tuesdays, Sundays or any other weekdays, in the initial phase of sade-sati, tough and some repeated bad events occurs on these weekdays then one should approach to an astrologer. Here bad events are (1) minor injuries (2) Occurrence of repeated fever (3) A specific person becoming source of trouble every consecutive weekday (4) Repeated losses in these consecutive weekdays (5) Having dreadful same dreams in these days.
The timings of sade-sati for every rashi are given below: -
(1) Mesh Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Meen (29/03/2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028), Mesh (02/06/2027 to 20/10/2027 & from 23/02/2028 to 08/08/2029) & Vrish ( 08/08/2029 to 05/10/2029 & from 17/04/2030 to 30/05/2032).
(2) Vrish Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Mesh (02/06/2027 to 20/10/2027 & from 23/02/2028 to 08/08/2029), Vrish (08/08/2029 to 05/10/2029 & from 17/04/2030 to 30/05/2032) & Mithun (30/05//2032 to 12/07/2034).
(3) Mithun Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Vrish (08/08/2029 to 05/10/2029 & from 17/04/2030 to 30/05/2032), Mithun (30/05//2032 to 12/07/2034) & Kark Rashi (12/07/2034 to 27/08/2036).
(4) Kark Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Mithun (30/05//2032 to 12/07/2034), Kark (12/07/2034 to 27/08/2036) & Simh (27/08/2036 to 22/10/2038 & from 05/04/2039 to 12/07/2039).
(5) Simh Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Kark (12/07/2034 to 27/08/2036), Simh (27/08/2036 to 22/10/2038 & from 05/04/2039 to 12/07/2039) & Kanya (22/08/2038 to 05/04/2039 & from 12/07/2039 to 27/01/2041).
(6) Kanya Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi commenced when Saturn transited simh (01/11/2006 to 10/01/2007 & from 15/07/2007 to /09/09/2009), Kanya (09/09/2009 to 15/11/2011) & Tula (15/11/2011 to 16/05/2012 & from 04/08/2012 and this will be up to 02/11/2014).
(7) Tula Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi commenced when Saturn transited Kanya (09/09/2009 to 15/11/2011), Tula (15/11/2011 to 16/05/2012 & from 04/08/2012 and this will be up to 02/11/2014) & Vrischik (02/11/2014 to 26/01/2017 & from 20/06/2017 to 26/10/2017).
(8) Vrischik Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi commenced when Saturn transited Tula (15/11/2011 to 16/05/2012 & from 04/08/2012 and this will be up to 02/11/2014), Vrischik (02/11/2014 to 26/01/2017 & from 20/06/2017 to 26/10/2017) & Dhanur (this will be from 26/01/2017 to 20/06/2017 & from 26/10/2017 to 24/01/2020).
(9) Dhanur Rashi: - - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Vrischik (02/11/2014 to 26/01/2017 & from 20/06/2017 to 26/10/2017), Dhanur (26/01/2017 to 20/06/2017 & from 26/10/2017 to 24/01/2020) & Makar (24/01/2020 to 29/04/2022 & from 12/07/2022 to 17/01/2023).
(10)Makar Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Dhanur (26/01/2017 to 20/06/2017 & from 26/10/2017 to 24/01/2020), Makar (24/01/2020 to 29/04/2022 & from 12/07/2022 to 17/01/2023) & Kumbh (29/03//2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028).
(11)Kumbh Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Makar (24/01/2020 to 29/04/2022 & from 12/07/2022 to 17/01/2023), Kumbh (29/03//2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028) & Meen (29/03/2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028).
(12)Meen Rashi: - the sade-sati on this rashi will commence when Saturn will transit Kumbh (29/03//2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028), Meen (29/03/2025 to 02/06/2027 & from 20/10/2027 to 23/02/2028) & Mesh (02/06/2027 to 20/01/2027 & from 23/02/2028 to 08/08/2029).
Though sade-sati can be effective or less effective but if any Rajyoga or Dhanyoga occur within sade-sati then this yoga is bound to occur.
IN THE ABOVE ARTICLE I HAVE NOT CRITICIZED ANY ASTROLOGER DEVOTED TO ASTROLOGY. BUT SOMEHOW THE ASTROLOGERS CRITICIZED IN ABOVE ARTICLE ARE THOSE WHO MISSLEAD THE PUBLIC AND HAVE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ASTROLOGY.
Labels: Gochra Or Transit
Faridabad, Haryana, India Faridabad, Haryana, India
I have an experience of more than 27 years in the field of Vedic astrology. I have not learnt Vedic astrology from anyone and it is only my continuous research, hard work and dedication that I have been able to get the inner depth of Vedic astrology. I also use Vedic Numerology to predict and also provide mantra consultation. Please fill up the Contact Form by following the link:https://horoanalysis.wordpress.com/contact-form/ only if you want to contact me