Monday, October 27, 2014
In Vedic astrology the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) calculations are made on the basis of the longitude of Moon. The planetary lord of the नक्षत्र occupied by the Moon at the time of one’s birth is the first दशा lord in all the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) such as Vinshottri, Yogni, and Ashottotri the दशा (Dasha).
Some astrologers opine that the main reason given behind it that in Vedic literature the Moon is said to be lord of नक्षत्र (Nakshatra ) that is why the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) should be calculated from the longitude of Moon.
Other astrologers opine that this Moon primarily signifies mind and governs मानस कर्म (Maanas Karma) and these मानस कर्म (Maanas Karma) are strongest in all कर्म (Karma) that is why the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) calculations should be made from the longitude of Moon only.
In Vedic astrology the नक्षत्र (Nakshatra) occupied by Lagna also plays significant role. The lagna of, Bhansh chart also known as नक्षत्रांश (Nakshatransh) i.e. the 27th part of a राशी (Rashi), is calculated by the longitude of lagna. This Bhansh chart is used to calculate the strength of a person. In other words if the लग्न नक्षत्र (Lagna Nakshatra) was found effect less and then there was no Bhansh chart in Vedic astrology.
All the physical actions are performed by body and this body is represented by Lagna. It took approximately two hours to change from on sign to another one whereas Moon takes near about 2.5 days to shift itself from one sign to another sign. The lagna moves faster than Moon. Thus Lagna shifts from its occupied नक्षत्र to another one quicker than Moon. So it will be of no harm to calculate नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) from लग्न नक्षत्र (Lagna Nakshatra) in addition to the usual calculation of नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) from the longitude of Moon.
The following श्लोक (Shloka) is from the literature of ancient classical Vedic astrology is also found very much supportive in this context:
स्वजन्मनक्षत्रविलग्नतो वा ब्रूयात्क्रमणैव दशफलानि ।
दशावसानेष्वशुभं च सर्वे कुर्वन्ति सामान्यमिदं नराणाम् ॥
The meaning of above श्लोक is that the results of Dasha should be spoken after calculating Dasha from one’s जन्म नक्षत्र (Janma Nakshatra) i.e. नक्षत्र (Nakshatra) occupied by Moon and लग्न नक्षत्र (Lagna Nakshatra) i.e. नक्षत्र in which Lagna has risen at the time of one’s birth. The concluding periods of all the Dasha are generally adverse.
So it is clear from above श्लोक (Shoka) that the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) should be calculated from the longitude of the Lagna too in addition to that of Moon. I think this is very useful clue that exists in above श्लोक (Shloka).
In my long experience in the field of astrology I have found that the नक्षत्र दशा (Nakshatra Dasha) calculated from the longitude of lagna is as important as it is calculated from that of Moon. Though the interpretation of this Dasha is somewhat more technical that is why a beginner may find difficulty in its interpretation in analyzing the horoscopes for the timing of events. Now I am giving some brief idea about the use of this Dasha calculated from the longitude of Lagna on the basis of my long experience in the field of astrology:
(1) This judgment of this Dasha should be in the similar fashion as done in case of the Dasha calculated from the longitude of Moon.
(2) If in any horoscope it is found that the Dasha calculated usually giving the results of any bhava for education, entrance into career first time or physical growth operates very much in late in one’s life but the Dasha calculated from the longitude of Lagna giving these results operates at an appropriate age than this Dasha calculated from the longitude of Lagna should be used for predictive purposes.
(3) If the Dasha / Antardasha calculated from both the ways support one another than that indicated events stored in horoscope bound to occur.
(4) Whether both types of Dasha calculated supports each other or not if there is perfect agreement between Dasha calculated from the longitude of Lagna and the transit then the event indicated by the Dasha calculated from the Longitude of Lagna is bound to occur.
(5) This Dasha calculated from the longitude of Lagna proves to be helpful while conducting rectification of time.
Dasha calculation should be done from the longitude of Lagna too in addition to the dasha calculated from the longitude of Moon. Any prediction given on, this basis results in its fulfillment.
(This article written by me on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 on the timeline of my facebook & following is the link for that: https://www.facebook.com/vishal.aksh.7/posts/214206082090564)
Labels: Various Dasha
Faridabad, Haryana, India Faridabad, Haryana, India
I have an experience of more than 27 years in the field of Vedic astrology. I have not learnt Vedic astrology from anyone and it is only my continuous research, hard work and dedication that I have been able to get the inner depth of Vedic astrology. I also use Vedic Numerology to predict and also provide mantra consultation. Please fill up the Contact Form by following the link:https://horoanalysis.wordpress.com/contact-form/ only if you want to contact me